I played CS:S a lot. I clocked up around 1000 hours on xfire back in the day. That was a few years ago now though, I had hadn’t imagined that they would be releasing updates for it! Turns out they will be, and they are currently in beta.
The updates listed on the website are:
- 144(!) achievements added
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
- Incorporated many source engine updates
It seems like they have taken a few ideas from some of the popular mods.
Valve has said it will run the beta for a limited time, so I imagine it will be released fairly soon.